- a reference to us, our or we is to Ubercare Services Pty Ltd (ACN 614 650 654);
- App means the smart device application provided by us which allows Users to engage Carers for the provision of care services;
- Portal means the web version of the smart device application which allows Users to engage Carers for the provision of care services;
- Carer means a user of the App (or Portal) who provides care services to Users;
- Personal Information means information (including an opinion) about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information whether true or not and whether or not recorded in a material form;
- Rating Information means a rating by a Carer of a Customer via the App (or Portal) or a rating by a Customer of a Carer via the App (or Portal).
- User means a person who uses the App (or Portal) to obtain care services from Carers; and
- Website means all of the pages located on the website you are currently viewing being (as applicable) all of the pages located at ubercare.com.
- Thank you for visiting our Website and for reviewing our Policy. We respect the importance of your privacy and the Personal Information in our care. We have created this Policy in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. We are subject to and seek to ensure that all Personal Information we collect is handled in compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Act).
- This Policy sets out how we collect, hold, use and disclose information (including Personal Information) that we obtain from you (including via our Website or through other dealings with you).
Collection of Personal Information
- We collect Personal Information as well as non-personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide.
- We primarily collect Personal Information about you via your use of the App. For example, we collect Personal Information about you such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, location and bank account details as necessary to perform our functions including when you create an account on the App or Portal, via online enquiry forms you submit or any emails you send to us. If you are a Carer, we also collect Personal Information from you as part of our application and interview process you must complete to become a Carer.
- If you are a User, we may also collect Personal Information about you from Carers who provide you with care services via contracts made by the App or Portal (such Personal Information may include Rating Information). Likewise, if you are a Carer, we may also collect Personal Information about you from Users whom you provide care services via contracts made by the App or Portal (such Personal Information may include Ratings Information).
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will only use your Personal Information for:
- the primary purposes for which the Personal Information was collected (for example, so we can provide a functioning App or Portal to you and related services so you can (as applicable) provide or receive care services, to complete payment transactions for services provided by Carers (as agents of Carers) and to contact you to respond to your query); or
- a secondary purpose related to the primary purpose that you have consented to or would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the Personal Information for.
- Ubercare will work closely with other organisations to coordinate the best support for you and your family. Your informed consent for the sharing of information will be sought and respected in all situations unless:
- we are obliged by law to disclose your information regardless of consent or otherwise;
- it is unreasonable or impracticable to gain consent or consent has been refused;
- the disclosure is reasonably necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to the life, health or safety of a person or group of people.
- To avoid doubt, a primary purpose for collection of Personal Information which is Rating Information:
- in respect of Carers, is to make this Rating Information available to Customers as part of the information available to the Customer in determining whether to engage the Carer via the App or Portal to provide care services; and
- in respect of Customer is to make this Rating Information available to Carers as part of the information available to them in determining whether to accept a request by the Customer for the provision of care services via the App or Portal.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to Carers or Users (as applicable) so you can (applicable) provide or receive care services, to our related companies, contractors, agents and service providers but only to provide services to you and/or for the purposes of storage of your Personal Information. We may also disclose your Personal Information to our professional advisers but only so they can advise us in respect of the same. We may also disclose Personal Information which is Rating Information as set out in clause 2.
- Information other than Personal Information collected from your visit to our Website may be used to assist us in monitoring usage of and deciding how to improve and promote our Website, products and services (including online advertising).
- We will not disclose any of the information we collect to any person located outside of Australia.
Anonymity, pseudonymity and requirement to provide information
- Due to the nature of the services we provide to you (being the App or Portal), it is not possible for you to use a pseudonym or not identify yourself when providing information to us. You acknowledge that failure to provide some or all of the Personal Information we request may result in the services we provide to you being affected or us being unable to provide you with the services.
Holding and Security of your Personal Information
- We may store your Personal Information in hard copy or electronic format, in storage facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our service providers.
- We take reasonable steps to:
- ensure that any Personal Information we hold or disclose about you is up to date, complete and correct; and
- protect your Personal Information from misuse, interference, loss, and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure (for example by implementing and complying with internal policies regarding staff access to your Personal Information and by taking security measures in respect of Personal Information that we store in electronic format).
- We will destroy or delete any of your Personal Information which we no longer need to retain. If you email us any information (including Personal Information), it is sent at your own risk as it may not necessarily be secure against interception.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
- We rely on the accuracy of the Personal Information you provide to us.
- On your request, except to the extent that we are lawfully able to refuse such a request, we will provide you with access to Personal Information that we hold about you.
- If you satisfy us that Personal Information that we hold about you is misleading, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, except to the extent that we are lawfully able to refuse such a request, we will correct the Personal Information that we hold about you.
- All requests about the Personal Information that we hold should be made by email or in writing to us (see clause 11 of this Policy for our contact details). We will try to respond to your request within a reasonable period.
- If it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we will give you access to your Personal Information in the manner that you request. We do not generally charge for providing such access but may do so in certain circumstances.
- In the event that we deny access to or refuse to correct your Personal Information that we hold, we will provide you with written reasons and the mechanisms available to complain about such refusal.
Third Party Websites
- When you leave this Website, you will be going to websites that are beyond our control. Our Policy does not apply to third party websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those third party websites.
Changes to Policy
- We may amend this Policy from time to time without prior notice. The revised Policy will take effect when it is uploaded on our Website.
- If you believe that we have breached our privacy or credit reporting obligations under the Act, you can make a complaint by emailing or writing to us (see clause 11 of this Policy for our contact details).
- We will attempt to complete our investigation and resolve your complaint within 7 days from the date you lodge your complaint. If we think it will take longer to resolve your complaint, we will inform you.
- If we do not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction or you are dissatisfied with the action we have taken, you can make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. For further information about how to do this, please contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or visit oaic.gov.au.
- You can view our complete Complaints Policy by clicking here.
- If you have any queries in respect of our Policy or to request access to your information or make a complaint, please contact us by email or in writing as detailed below:
- Attention: General Manager
- Ubercare Services Pty Ltd
- Level 4, 162 Grenfell Street
- Adelaide SA 5000
- Ph: 1300 120 999
- Email: email@example.com